Released from Quarantine!!!


So today I was officially released from my 14-day quarantine that is required for anyone coming into the island. I went to Ohio 2 weeks ago to visit family and since I got back I have basically been under house arrest. Before coming back home I thought, "No big deal, it will go by fast..." but boy was I wrong! It has been torture and I can honestly say the only hobbies I had were reading books for fun, reading books for schoolwork, watching movies/TV shows, studying for my upcoming fall semester classes, played with my cat Puma, talked to friends and family, played zoom trivia twice, and of course the essentials (eat, sleep, bathe, etc.). Well, today was the 15th day and I made my day count.
The first thing I did was drive up to North Shore to stop for a quick snorkel session at Shark's Cove. I took my Akaso underwater camera with me. Video and photo below...



 
                                                

It was for the most part cloudy with the sun coming out to say hello once in a while. I prefer sunny days for snorkeling because the photos and videos come out prettier. I spent about 45 min in the water at Sharks Cove then headed further north toward banzai beach. While at banzai I did not get into the water just cause the current looked strong. I took a couple photos and then continued on. Photos are below...


                    

The last beach I went to was Waimea Bay. This beach was awesome for relaxation time. I found a good spot and laid down my pillow and beach towel, got out my book, and just enjoyed the rest of my afternoon. Photos of Waimea below...





After Waimea I was pretty hungry so I decided to head to Haleiwa and get a little snack at Matsumoto's Shave Ice. My flavors were lilikoi, pineapple, raspberry. So ono! 


The last thing of the day was dinner, and the only reason I had dessert before dinner is because geographically Honolulu is further away so I tell myself anyways! I went and ordered kalua pork and rice from Young's Fish Market which was the perfect end to a perfect day.




Comments

  1. Hi Michelle, the beach in Shark's Cove which is located in North Shore is very beautiful and you can go snorkeling. I have been to Haleiwa Town and I have tried the Shaved Ice and the town is very beautiful and historical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharks Cove is one of my go-to beaches in North Shore! My cousin and I love to do a little shell diving, as well as the cruising with some fish. This looks like it was a great day, especially with quarantine keeping everyone locked up in the house! I hope that soon, when things get better for Oahu, we'll be able to hangout outside safely!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Open Water Shark Dive

Hanauma Bay

Humpback Whales & Their Babies!!! 🐋🐋🐋